Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Precious {6}

Stephanie here.
It has been a while...we know.
Tyler tried to go as long as he could without seeing this movie, until one day, there was nothing else to rent. I've been wanting to see it only because it got some awards.
It's about a young girl who is raped by her father and has his children...and the difficulties growing up in these circumstances with an insane mother.
It's a hard movie to watch...there isn't really anything too graphic, so that's good.
I think this movie represents reality, I don't think Hollywood has hindered that or made glamour out of a hard life...it's a pretty good depiction.
I recommend watching this movie, although you have to be in the mood for drama.
Don't let Mariah Carey's guest appearance turn you off, I think she actually did a decent job. I usually am not attracted to movies that have singers acting in them, but I'll let this one slide.

Enjoy...well, you won't enjoy it but I think you'll be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment